The company De Porceleyne Fles was formed on February 1st, 1904 as a continuation of a business which had started on March 28th, 1653.
From 1954 the Porceleyne Fles has been listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange Euronext Amsterdam. The Porceleyne Fles voluntarily introduced the dual-board system.
On November 26th, 2003 during an extraordinary meeting of shareholders of the Porceleyne Fles, the shareholders gave their approval to certain changes to the structure of the board. Subsequently, on December 19th, 2003, the articles of association were amended. This amendment of the articles of association abolished the voluntary introduced dual-board system and the power of the shareholders was strengthened.